Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Look Into My Heart


For years I have always cared far too much about what people think of me.  I wanted to be accepted, but I never really felt accepted.  I seemed to always find myself on the outside looking in. 

On one particular day I looked myself in the mirror.  I asked myself, “What is the matter with me?  There must be a reason.  I must change.”  I turned away from the mirror and knelt down on the floor and prayed to my Lord and Savior.  “Jesus, you can answer that question for me!  You can see into my heart.  Show me what is wrong in my heart.”  I quietly waited for his answer.  This is what he revealed.  “I love you far more than anyone could possibly love you.  I made you the way you are.  You have a big caring heart as big as the outdoors for people.  You love helping people.  And you love people.”  I was quiet for a moment.  I asked myself, “What is wrong with that?  Again, I was thinking; then a peaceful feeling rushed through me.  I said out loud, “Nothing.  Absolutely nothing is wrong with that or me!”  I stood up and looked in the mirror again.  “There is nothing wrong with reaching out to people, caring for people, loving people, wanting to help people!  That is who I am! 

What a huge turning point in my life.  I truly in the depths of my heart realized for the first time in my life that there is nothing wrong with me.  It is not what others think of me that matters.  It is what Jesus thinks of me.  I know that Jesus accepts me and loves me.  He teaches me how to become more every day.  I, also, realized that some people do not want help and only have room in their hearts for a few people at this time in their life.  However, I will continue to love and care for people for that is the way God made me. 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayson! I am thankful that my blog is touching people. The original purpose of my blog was to keep me accountable in completing my memoirs for my children. Later, an additional purpose was added and that is to connect with people in some way. I love helping people. Your website is awesome. It is fine to contact me here, but you might try facebook on Teresa Stewart.

      Delete