Saturday, February 2, 2013

Live, Love, Laugh, and Thank the Lord for Furry Creatures!!!


Live, Love, Laugh, and Thank the Lord for Furry Creatures!!!

     One of our black cats runs directly in my path.  I step aside to avoid stepping on her. 

In the process I trip and almost fall.  Frowning, I wonder if this cat tried to trip me on

purpose.  Do these little creatures enjoy adding a little bit of aggravation in our lives?  Or

are they purely innocent?

    While sitting on the couch in the family room one evening, I was visiting with a

friend.  “Becky, wait a minute.  I think I heard something in this house.” 

     I was home alone.  I went to the front door it was unlocked, but closed.  The door is

extremely loud when it is opened so I knew no one had entered because I would have

heard the squeak.  I went to the back door.  It was locked.  I listened for more noise. 

There was only silence and stillness.  “Becky, I am back.  Everything seems to be great. 

Perhaps, it was my imagination?”

     I decided to move to the office/study room to sit on the office swivel[ chair..  Several

minutes passed as I listened to my friend continue to share her story.  I could see our son’s

room door from where I was sitting. 

     “A soft sounding click and a slow squeek,” filled the room.  The door slowly opened. 

An ominous feeling entered the room.  I took in a silent gasp of air and held my breath.

     “Someone IS in this house!” I thought.  My heart began racing!  Thump, thump,

thump.  The door continues to slowly open wider and wider.  It seemed like hours. 

Expecting to see a human figure appear, I prayed for protection and wisdom.  Suddenly,

something black and furry bolted like a streak of lightening out of  the room.  I barely heard

the cantor of four feet as it raced to the kitchen area.    “Whew!” I exhaled in relief!

     It was, Bonnie, our son’s cat.  Chris had left her in his room.  Bonnie was the one who

made all the noise I had heard earlier.  Bonnie was attempting over and over again to

open the door.  Bonnie, a smart cat, figured how to open the door after several tries.  She

was determined.

     “Becky, I’ll talk with you tomorrow.  Glad we had this opportunity to visit.  Bye.”  

     I walk into the kitchen.  “Bonnie, was it your goal to scare me?  You are ornery!  Do

you know that?”

     “Meow!” she replies with a sweet little innocent face.  She rubs against my legs.  I

could hear her purr.  I stroke her pretty little head.

     “Okay, I will feed you.  You are a spoiled little princess, aren’t you?”

     “Mew!” Bonnie agrees.

     As I watch Bonnie devour her bowl of cat food, I contemplate the situation.  It sure

seemed like Bonnie was trying to scare me.   But she was not.  She was sleeping, awoke

hungry, and was trapped inside Chris’ room.  At least until she figured out the technique for

opening the door.. 

     Despite all the antics cats challenge our sanity with, I am grateful for these little friends.. 

In fact I am head over heels in love with these soft, fury, and cuddly creatures..  They make me

laugh!
  
Psalm 126:2 says Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing,… 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment