Sunday, January 27, 2013

Keep Swimming!!


Late one fall night my youngest daughter, Hannah, and I went to the Ritz 7 Theatre in Lebanon, Missouri to watch “Finding Nemo” in 3D.  It is a story about a Clown fish Dad (named Marlin) searching for his son who was captured by a dentist who was scuba diving one day.  The dentist took and kept Nemo in his enormous fish tank along with several other salt water fish.

There were a few connections I encountered while watching this animated movie.  Marlin, passionate and determined, set a goal to find his son.  He faced fears along the way such as sharks, jellyfish, a whale, and more.  He was blessed with a great friend, Dorie, who encouraged him and helped him find his son, Nemo.

Dorie said many times, “Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming.”

There were times Marlin wanted to give up; he hit many brick walls in his journey.  As it became too difficult, Dorie would not let him give up.  She encouraged him to press on.
Marlin and Dorie encountered other sea creatures that entered their life for a short period of time to help, too.  It was as if a team of individuals was helping Marlin to find his son, Nemo.

Nemo, stuck in a fish tank, passionately desired to escape.  His desire to escape escalated when he heard from a pelican friend that his Dad faced three sharks to rescue him.  It was at this time Nemo escaped through the little sink by the dentist chair.

Nemo and his Dad did find each other.  There was much rejoicing and celebrating.

In my business I have set goals in building my team.  I am excited and passionate about helping other business partners.  At the same time I have a great coach and team of people encouraging me and helping me.  I just have to say that encouragement is everything.  It is my goal to encourage someone everyday.  As I watched Marlin face his fears in finding Nemo, I must face my fears in finding my way to the top of this amazing company.  Reaching the top of this business means time freedom for my wonderful husband and children.  I have to say that when I see someone facing their fears and accomplishing their goals encourages me and others to face fears and accomplish goals.  We are all in this together.  As we all reach our goals, whether large or small, we should celebrate them because it builds confidence to press on to the next goal.

I am so thankful for Team National!  It is changing my life.  I am also thankful for a couple who thought enough of us to share Team National.

Keep swimming!




No comments:

Post a Comment