Monday, August 8, 2011

I Saw Jesus in 2009


Have you ever heard the saying, “When it rains, it pours?”  Well, Monday was a rainy day for me.  It began with outpatient surgery, counseling one of our children, an eventful late night, and strange noises in the house.  All these events took their toll on me emotionally and physically, however, comfort in an awesome experience was waiting at the close of the day.

On Monday morning I am fervently praying to the Lord to guide the surgeon’s hands to effectively remove the many polyps from my husband’s left and right sinuses.  I am, also, asking the Lord to hold my husband in His arms of protection to safely bring him through this surgery and for less sinus infections in the future.  Not that this is a dangerous procedure, but after one hears all the things that could go wrong it can be frightening.  Also, that all polyps are noncancerous.

“Mrs. Stewart, you may come to the recovery room, now.”  I follow the nurse to a holding room to speak to the doctor first.  He informs me that Steve held up through the surgery just fine.  He hopes to learn the cause of the polyps from the pathology report.  It perhaps could be an inverted papalonoma that has been growing for years.  Wow!

I, then, travel to the recovery room where I saw my husband reclining in a chair harassing the nurses.  A good sign; harassment is a favorite pass time of his.  After this we bought refreshing Dr. Peppers at Sonic and scooted on down I44 to our home on Pike lane in Lebanon.

Steve was to rest and sleep through the night on the recliner, since his head needed to be elevated and I was going to sleep on the couch next to him to be nearby in case he needed anything.  I tried to obtain much needed rest, but I was up and down for various reasons until 3 a.m.  One reason was to figure out what the clanging noise was around the fireplace, the hallway?  Where? Our son could not find it either.  My husband said, “It is probably the Devil?”  I replied, “Well, that doesn’t make me feel any better.”  All that was left to do was to lie down.  I fell asleep silently praying for protection and much needed rest.

The most amazing dream occurred.  I saw myself walking through our home to the garage.  I opened the door to see beautiful white curtains.  I heard myself say what pretty curtains, but that is not what I am looking for.  I turned to the back glass door.  There appeared a swirl of white smoke or white fog forming a shape in the backyard.  I immediately recognized the shape as Jesus, my Savior.  His hands were outstretched to me.  I thought, “He is what I need!”  And I, without hesitation, went to him, lifted my arms to Him, and said, “Jesus, please help me.”

Steve heard me and shook my foot to wake me; he thought I was having a nightmare.  Oh contraire.  When I awoke I just laid there remembering the sweet peace that overflowed in my heart just remembering the moment.  Steve said, “You had a dream didn’t you?  What was it about?”  I answered that I saw Jesus just as a matter of fact.  Surprised, Steve chuckled and replied, “Wow!  What did he look like?!  I explained that I did not see any details in facial features.  There was a person in a white robe with his hands outstretched, but I knew in the depths of my heart it was Jesus.

My husband regretted waking me up.  Regardless, I just basked in the sweet peace I felt.  Nothing compares to the great love, care, and protections I felt.  I know Jesus loves and cares for us, but I have a visual story that is just my own now.  I couldn't wait to tell my children, friends, and church family.  I am truly thankful for this awesome dream experience the Lord gave me.  I hope to remember it when trials occur.  Jesus is always there to help;  we are to just go to Him. t




No comments:

Post a Comment